Monday, December 8, 2008

Blue Jean Cuff








I have been going in some new directions with my fabric jewelry... I have to keep exploring & experimenting with different techniques to stay fresh and engaged!

I had a great linen jean jacket that I hadn't worn in years but hung onto because it was so unusual and high quality; made in Italy. I tossed it in the washing machine, probably shrinking it a bit but didn't care; it was the easiest way to clean it!

By using all the neat bits and bobs like the button-holes etc. it carries me in it's own direction... I like that. When given a new texture or color palette to work with I come out with a new look naturally...

This is the one I am most happy with so far. It is around my fifth attempt and my thinking is maybe I will try another color field for the next one.... do a monochromatic series... yes, I will try that.


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Love your style!!Very unique!