Monday, January 19, 2009

Amazing Textile Collage


This is my latest addition to my FoundVintageStyle.etsy.com shop. How anyone could have cast aside this work of art is hard to fathom but somehow it ended up in my hands...

Let me describe this for you as it likely isn't evident from my so-so photos... although if you click on the photo to enlarge it you get a much better sense of it...


This work is created by piecing together cut out fabric shapes and gluing them, seamlessly to a board. The joins are just incredible.

As in a superior quality quilt, this artist knows how to achieve depth; shadow and light from just the right tone and color of fabric. The patterns and colors of the fabrics used are subtle, sophisticated... they all appear to be woven wool textiles.

As a fabric artist myself, I fully appreciate the talent of V. Rivadeneira, the name signed in the lower right hand corner. Whatever path this picture took to land in my hands I can only imagine. Like with so many possessions of families, as generations come and go these gems will have their own journey... UPDATE: This work of art's journey just took another path. It has been sold, which is lovely but I shall truly miss it...

3 comments:

Leililaloo said...

This is really inspirational, i totally share your enthousiasme!!!

The Rustic Victorian said...

Amazing color! I just discovered you,,gotta go drool some more and look at your etsy,,,love the cuffs.
Happy day to you!
Marcie

Waterrose said...

Wow that was amazing! Could you tell how old it was?