Sunday, February 1, 2009

Love These Miniatures

I am so taken by these sweet pieces... they are 'keepers', I just can't part with them.

I have a group of them from an estate I am handling. I will be ruthless with myself and list the others but the 5 in the above photo have a permanent home on my studio shelf!

They were collected over the years by an artist. I love the fine craftsmanship in some and the simple folk art style of others. Together they create magic in their honest beauty. They just make me smile.

5 comments:

krystyna81 said...

I don't think I could part with those, either! Fabulous. There's something about holding something sweet and precious in the palm of your hand.

Grace@PoeticHome said...

What amazing details and craftsmanship! Each looks like the "real" piece of furniture, and I would have no idea that they were miniatures.

Anonymous said...

Oh Carol, these are so lovely - I also have a little miniature chair collection myself :-) I love the rocking chair.
love Debra x

Waterrose said...

You are stronger then I am...I don't think I could part with any.

Leililaloo said...

They are truly adorable. I could not part with any of them either. I love folkart! these are so delicate and sensitive, very very nice.