Sunday, November 14, 2010

Venice- The Food


The local restaurant, Tosi, was steps away from where we stayed. This is where the locals go (and perhaps a handful of more adventurous tourists) to hang out...

The Parmesan & Arugula Pizza was my favorite!

I hadn't realized how huge sweet shops were in Venice. They seem to turn up every 10 paces and each is more spectacular than the last. The goodies not only look amazing but taste scrumptious as well. Part of the reason they taste so good is they are not overly sweet. You can actually taste flavors, not just 'sweet' the way so many North American desserts seem to be...

Add an expresso for the perfect combo. (Standing at the counter of course is about half the price compared to sitting down).
The coffee is out-of-this-world. The best. anywhere.

After a gallery visit we had 'toast' which is how they refer to all the sandwiches on display which get grilled after you order. Perfect comfort food. Yum.



2 comments:

The Vintage Cabin said...

Oh god, I'm SALIVATING looking at that pizza and I also love the look of the outside of that restaurant. Why can't I live in a house with walls all deteriorated like that and have it look equally as amazing!? I also will never forget how amazing the coffee was in Italy. If caffeine wasn't so bad for me, I would have drank about 25+ cups a day. The best I've ever had, even at the gas stations it was amazing! *sigh*

FoundVintageStyle said...

yup, even at the AIRPORT the coffee was great!