Thursday, July 17, 2008

The Kitchenette, NYC

This will be my last New York City post, I promise! ...at least for a while...
We came across this totally charming eatery in the Tribeca neighborhood we were staying in. It is my dream restaurant, the kind I always imagined opening. What fun it would be gathering all these vintage goodies and decorating the space 'just so'! (I work on sets in the film industry so it is a very familiar process).
The menu is a dream! All comfort food! Carbs, carbs and more carbs... mashed potatoes with meat loaf, oatmeal with cooked apples, french toast, pies and cookies and cakes...
The place was bustling with business, the waiter had just enough attitude to keep it entertaining and you felt like you were in the coolest place on the planet. I do know that running a restaurant is a tough business. How do I know? My husband ran a french bistro for 13 years and that is where we met. I was a loyal customer and he asked me out one evening and we were married less than a year later. I know he would never want to go back into that business but I can still dream...

2 comments:

Rebecca said...

Making me hungry... and I just ate! lol. I love romantic stories... so I'm glad you added that bit about how you and your hubby met :)

Darlene Martin said...

sounds like a great find -like your blog! :)