Saturday, July 19, 2008

New Wraparound Cuff/Necklaces for Fall '08


A preview of new textile creations to come...
This photo shows a detail of 2 of my Wraparounds. They are strands of vintage fabric heartily embellished with hand dyed lace fragments, vintage buttons and trims. They wrap around the wrist 3 times for a bangle effect and close with a chunky snap.
They are also suited to draping around the neck as a necklace. There are many ways to make this flexible adornment 'your own'. That is what appeals to me about this design. By wrapping it in your individual style, or pinning something of your own onto it, this unique piece can be further personalized. They are lined with ribbon for comfort, which is the key to effortless style...

1 comment:

woolies said...

Cool! I love them! Just yesterday I was playing around with knitted bracelets. I did it too big.
Will try again, tomorrow!